Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A Bit about My Plans

Hi again, this time from Switzerland. I feel a bit like a ping pong ball, bouncing back and forth between Poland, the US and Switzerland these past 6 months. I can’t say that this time period in my life has been easy, comfortable or predictable. However, it has been fruitful and has brought clarity regarding parts of my past and to a certain degree clarity for my future. So who could complain about that? Quite the contrary, I’m so thankful to have this time of break / furlough. God has been very gracious during this time so my emotions and thoughts could have time to catch up with each other. There has been some healing and a greater discovery of my heart. I feel a bit more ‘aligned’ now although tears can still leap to the surface at surprising times. Even so, I’m confident I’m making some good choices for myself, despite the fact that those same decisions can be painful.

I’ve made plane reservations to go back to Poland for the final packing up. This is at the end of June. (More good-byes to say in Switzerland.) And then back to Seattle for a short while on July 11th. I have no idea what really awaits me in Santa Cruz, CA which is where God has led me to settle, at least for a while. Oh, sure I have a few ideas of possibilities but I don’t count on those actually becoming reality. God has plans too and I may not be thinking in the right direction yet because I have to be in Santa Cruz first before I’ll ‘get it.’ I do know that it is my intention to finish a book I’ve started to write. I started this book 3 or 4 years ago. But I hadn’t written anything for the 2 years prior to coming to Switzerland in October. I don’t know what the final outcome will be for this book but it’s important for me to finish it.

I’ve learned a lot during this time. I believe, even more than I realize. It is certainly more than I can put into words. But I don’t have to worry about that because God has put it in my heart so that the Holy Spirit can bring about growth. And we all know, “it is out of the heart that the mouth speaks.”