Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Next Chapter


A new day is dawning. Of course the dawn, or sunrise, does not happen in a moment's time. Twilight comes first with no actual sighting of the sun. I perhaps feel (rather than see) the first signs of twilight. Was it so dark before? No, I wouldn't say dark, instead I'd say nondescript. There's been no depression, grumblings or even mild discontent. I've been happy, even. But I think, at least for me, it takes a surprisingly long time to turn the page - finishing one chapter to then start another.

I'm not sure where this story is headed. Do you always know about your story? Although none of us are in control of life, I refer to the general direction. Just today the last of our house guests left for their respective homes. For a time we had two very different worlds collide. Not in a volatile sense! Different worlds literally, but they were also very different parts of my world, or my story. Now that the house has returned to just Brian and I. I'm somewhat philosophical or contemplative. Unfortunately neither of these worlds are part of my daily life now. My world's geographical point of reference is now Florida. However, my story has not really begun here. This concerns Brian in regard to my health and well-being. We women need our relational outlet with other women.

I have learned over my lifetime that rushing things (or people) doesn't really work. I might feel a sense of urgency to do something, get a task accomplished; but my timing isn't always the best. Oh, I'm not saying that if I push through and do something like order a needed item, book a ticket, etc. there are disastrous results. However, the times that I do "go with the flow" (not overly stress about the to do list and accomplishment) I have found, for example, sometimes the price is better when ordering or the timing of the trip would have conflicted with another event coming up. Not always but sometimes.

Most of all I can't "accomplish" relationships. They take time. I do need to be in situations that allow me to meet people. That being said, I don't want to rush into groups and join this or that. I go to a yoga class once a week, although yoga is not about chit chat! And I've signed up for a small group which lasts 3 months, for the gospel according to Dr. Seuss. We will see. Rome was not built in a day. Nor are heart attachments! Nevertheless, the twilight will progress to an actual dawning because my story continues!