Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Just having fun!

I'm no longer "international" at least physically! I'm back in CA and enjoying get togethers with people to catch up! I'm glad that this past trip to Mexico doesn't have that usual surreal feeling, you know, like it never happened but was just a dream. I'm not sure why this trip is different than most, maybe because the pace was more relaxing, I'd been there before or what? Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the time and looking forward to the next time, whenever that is.
For the past few months I've been perusing Mexican real estate. Perhaps a vacation home in the future? Of course some lifestyle changes would need to occur to make that happen. In any case... I've loved looking at the old colonials and how people have restored them! It strikes that architectural bone in me of days long ago. I would never want to go back and work as an architect in some firm, besides I'm probably a dinosaur at this point. However, this colonial architecture is new to me and the climate is also different than anything I've ever worked in before. I wish I could see more before and after pictures of the same place. There are places both restored and not yet restored to look at but not usually of the same place! All in all, it's been a blast!
There have been some "overly desirous / covertness" issues to work through with God because I can get too involved or personal about things. That, too, has been good (the working through) so I can just enjoy the process and have fun! Whatever the outcome is or isn't. It's good to have some architectural juices flowing again!