Pages

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Already March!

Well, February has come and gone. I thought, periodically, about writing but never actually did it! Now it's March 2nd and I've gone international! I'm sitting on the balcony of my boutique hotel in Mexico. :) (Well, it's not MY boutique hotel but you know what I mean!) Brian and I are taking some time away to relax, and get warm to the bone. Today while having my morning coffee in a wonderful shaded courtyard we had geckos and an iguana to watch and entertain us. The iguana was a surprise and I think he was surprised as well. He quickly climbed a tree to survey the scene from a safer distance. Yesterday we went snorkeling and saw lots of fish and one sea turtle!! That was one of the things on my bucket list so it was very cool! There are even pictures to prove it.
It's good to get away from the regular routine no matter what kind of routine it is. There is something about unfamiliarity to stimulate creativity. It's easier to see things in a slightly (or vastly) different way. I'm excited for the photo ideas that are coming and hopefully will produce something tangible and fruitful! Well I'm about to run out of battery so for now...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ahhh...my dear friend and "sister". How true that new experiences, environment and surroundings give us an expanded perspective! What would life look like from the eyes of the iguana? So glad you are enjoying some of the finer things in life. I miss you.