Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Time is Flying!

Switzerland has come and gone. :( It was a very full time, filled with wonderful people, conversations and more delectable food. There was no time to write, or maybe I should say there was no room to write! My head and heart were too full to get anything down on paper. It was a great time of introducing Brian and getting caught up on the lives of my friends there. It had been 4 years since I was last there and we all just seemed to pick up where we left off! I love that!! I'm still processing much of our time in that gorgeous country and enjoying the 'flashbacks' of sites, sounds, faces and snippets of conversations.

We arrived in Madrid at 12:30 AM last night. Neither Brian or I have been to Madrid before so it held a different kind of excitement than all the other places. As we were driving in to town, in the dark, I remember thinking that it was difficult to have any first impressions – couldn't see much!! Like most cities, the airport is a bit out of town. However, there was no mistaking it when we truly arrived in the city. And oh my gosh, all the people! It was one o'clock in the morning and EVERYBODY (so it seemed) was still out and about. I thought Rome had a nightlife!! Madrid is something else! It will be fun and interesting to explore this city and see what it holds. Already I've had a great pastry treat! :) Yes, it appears I'm eating my way through Europe! :)