Pages

Sunday, June 06, 2004

New Beginnings

This "blog thing" is very new to me so I hope you will bear with me as I find my way. Travis is kind enough to show me the ropes, so to speak. But I would love any comments or questions to help direct some of these postings.
Right now I find myself at the end of English teaching for yet another school year. I'll tell you that the English language has gone into new and sometimes unfamiliar areas as I teach this language to non-native speakers. I also find more and more differences between British English and American. These differences are to such an extent that I wonder if they really are the same language. I teach fairly high levels, and prepare my students for a standardized Cambridge test which is recognized throughout Europe. For one of my next posts, I'll include one of the "Use of English" exercises that they need to do for the exam. It just happens to be entitled "Coffee"!

4 comments:

TravisM said...

If you want to get an idea and feel of other blogs... you can go to mine and click on the "people" menu on the right side... there you'll find a lot of other people's blogs... just a thought :) Thanks for everything you do and for the car tonight, I know I'll appreciate it a lot in the morning!

TravisM said...

:( I commented but it didn't work

I said... Take a look at my blog under "people" to get an idea and feel of what other people's blogs look like and the kind of stuff they say and do. Might help to get you jump started :)

Paul said...

Welcome. I am sure you will do fine at this "blog thing."

God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,
grat Idea - has Andrew inspirtet you (-;
Blessings
Matthias