Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2005

California!

Now I'm spending the next 11 days in Santa Cruz, CA, as of the 13th. California is kind of a foreign country to me but I can at least speak the language fairly well! Today I went to the beach alone and just walked. I love the beach - the sound of the waves pounding, the coast stretching out before me and fresh salty air. Plus, it's January and I only wore a light jacket. The sun, sand and water are very enticing. I don't know if I'd get tired of it and take it for granted if I lived here but for now it's a real treat.
I'm here through connections in Switzerland. It's funny making connections with other Americans because of who I know in Switzerland! I'm visiting the Coastlands Foursquare church and I feel very welcomed here. I greatly appreciate the warm, relaxed and open atmosphere.
After 2 months of sabbatical/furlough I finally have been able to relax enough to let go and not worry about the future and possible decisions. I can enjoy where I'm at and hopefully receive all that God has for me. It will be interesting to see what God has for me this week. I must say, however, there were days in those first 2 months of my furlough that were very tough. It's easy to say that my identity is in Christ but when all of a sudden you aren't doing what you normally do - we very often have a crisis time. At least I did. Who am I? What am I good at? What do I want to do? What's coming up? Time will tell and it's God's good timing.