Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Each day is new

Today was a good day. No, nothing in particular happened to make it 'good'. I had some plans for the day, just things to get done. But it didn't happen quite as I planned - big surprise! Some things were outside of my plans and other things will happen later.

What I've learned over the past year or so is that each day is new, different and not dependant on the emotions or events of yesterday. Some days during this past year have been very dark, emotionally. And at first, I would project the thoughts and emotions of those days - ad infinitum.

But whether the days are dark or bright, God has me (you) and each day in His hands. I might be overwhelmed with the shopping variety here, the gourmet items at Trader Joes's and the portions at restaurants but I don't need to be overwhelmed by my emotions. They are valid, part of me but tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that attitude. I hope you can keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol,
I lost my computer (data? don't know yet) I don't have your e-mail address but I found you on this blog, yoohooo:) Write me a missive on my address ktrochimiuk@poczta.onet.pl and I will be able to write you back, cos' I've gone cable
God bless you sister <><