Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Overdue!

So what's been happening? After a year plus of living in our home, I have the drive, enthusiasm AND energy to make this place really look like a home and feel settled in. I think having our bedroom painted was a great kick start! I'm also re-reading "So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore." It's worth another read to let the ideas, concepts and heart behind it sift through me again.
In the last couple of days, there has been a lot of processing going on for me. A rather large financial and relational setback occurred. The few people I've told about it have even called it an injustice. By in large I'm not an external processor. Although I do talk about upsetting things, I also need to pray, analyze some (however, some things are just too incredible - good or bad - to analyze) and just time to let it go. I can't do anything to change it because you can't make someone do something they don't want to! What does not help is re-living the events in my head, playing over the verbal exchanges just to get angry again! No one, including the Lord, said life would be fair. Honestly, I have so much to be thankful for, which has really helped to calm my heart and enable me to forgive. Still working on all of that; it's not completely over because it's a process! :) I'm also thankful that God doesn't want me to be embittered or carry this burden around with me. In Him there is new life ahead, and He is the one who takes care of me. Moving forward day by day, sometimes moment by moment.