Pages

Monday, July 05, 2010

The 4th

Well I think my new family is helping me re-live my childhood. WOW do they know how to do fireworks!!!! I don't know if there wasn't enough testosterone or enough money for much of a display as I was growing up. I don't remember, maybe I'm wrong, but I only remember whistling Petes, snakes and some smaller fountains. It was fun yesterday, but OMG fireworks with the Lloyds is 50 levels up, or more. Great fun and good food!!
However, I'm not sure I'm totally accepted by this side of the family or I had my final initiation yesterday. To start the bonfire last night Larry dumped the brickets on the wood. I was in optimal position to receive the ash cloud. I did manage to get out of the way for the second round as he stirred the pot, so to say! My clothes were a bit more subdued in color and of course I looked a little ashen! Initiation over?! :)
Honestly, it was a great time. A long drive home last night but well worth it!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ha, I knew Larry was blog worthy!
It was great to see you again and I would say initiation over. You are more than accepted on this side of the family.