Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Familiarity and Variety

Have you ever felt like there aren't many people you can relate to? Of course there can be people you like, enjoy their company and find interesting, but that doesn't mean you can deeply relate with them. Variety is the spice of life as "they" say! We can all thank God that everyone is NOT like me!! :) Still, finding a few people throughout one's life with whom there are familiar life circumstances, similar perspectives and heart attitudes makes for an easing of the soul. At least, it does for me. For some people these kind of relationships do not seem difficult to find. I have never found that to be true, but then I've never had a large circle of close friends either. I can learn and grow and have fun (!) with many types of people. In fact, I learn some things from people that are different from me and other things from people that are similar. I enjoy it all, but I have to say that I treasure the times in my life when I have a close connection with someone who's like minded and following a similar path in life.