Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

People

I changed my "about me" just a bit, made me think. Architecture school does seem so long ago! I suppose as one gets older that is the constant state of things, I'm sorry to say! :o I loved Arch school although it was exhausting most of the time. I learned a lot and felt like I was accomplishing something. I guess that's still true in a way and I won't take anything from that time. Absolutely no regrets even though I no longer work in the field, nor really have any desire to do so. I still love art and architecture but there's so much more to life. Back then (just to get through) I was consumed by it all. Now, I can just enjoy it, but people are where I'd rather put my focus. Do I get frustrated by people? Hurt? Shocked? Saddened? Oh yeah! But there's so much richness, things to learn (about myself and others), depth and soul involvement that it makes it all worthwhile.
There's no doubt I have my moments ... like just last week - I hate the feeling of being misjudged, written off - but it happens. I need to process through all those emotions. One of the reasons that God gave me the opportunity to marry Brian was so I could become a nicer person. :) Due to all of Brian's life experiences, he usually has a different way I can look at people. He is more gracious and I need him in my life!! Good thing I snatched up the opportunity and said - Yes!
People certainly make life interesting! I'm getting better at processing through all my feelings so I don't hold on to any hurt or disappointment. If I try to limit those feelings, block them or stuff them then I'm more likely to also limit hope and joy. Besides, I really do like people!!