Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Seattle, Where Coffee is King!

In one of my more recent posts, East vs. West, I mentioned I was from Washington State originally - where coffee is king. Actually to be more specific, the castle and, therefore, throne room for this king is in Seattle. I was born and raised in Seattle - I love Seattle. With that being said, I'd like to also say Seattle is the best place to be from! It will always be one of my "homes."

Granted each city is unique; although being a coffee enthusiast, I so appreciate the coffee culture there. In this regard, Seattle is like no other. I found a blog post/article about this wonderful city that I'd thought I'd share in part.

Seattle, The Caffeine City of Gourmet Coffee.
For a lack of better description, Seattle is indeed Caffeine City. Hence it is no wonder that as an avid gourmet coffee drinker, I could not believe my good fortune on my first business trip to Seattle a couple of years ago. The impression is still so vivid, it is like just yesterday. I got up early morning and took a walk near the hotel. The moment I stepped out of the front entrance, a tantalizing, wispy, coffee aroma enveloped and welcomed me. The entire city seemed to permeate a strong coffee culture, perhaps due to the fact it is the birth origin of a certain large international coffee chain.

It does continue and you can read more as the author, Sarah Osborne, wafts her way through the aromas of my beloved Seattle.

In case you might take a trip to Seattle in the future, here are a few of my favorites around town. Pike Place Market is probably my top pick, but you have to be ready for lots of people. Nonetheless, the sites, sounds and smells are amazing! Maybe you'll see a flying fish, and that's no fish story! An added benefit to this area is the oldest location of that "certain large international coffee chain" - Starbucks and another great one nearby. Not far from Pike's Place is the waterfront area with all manner of shops, restaurants, an arcade pier, ferry docks, Ferris wheel, harbor tours and great people watching opportunities. If you want to get out on the water I'd choose a ferry ride to one of the islands and then explore the little town at the other end, getting ice cream to cap off the excursion. The Space Needle is a classic and not to be overlooked, like that's really possible! ;-) For the museum goers, my top three are the Seattle Art Museum, The EMP (music) Museum and the Museum of Flight.

Well, those are a few ideas. Enjoy your time! I'll be there in a couple of days, maybe I'll see you there?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so want to go there!!!I love this city too : )
S.