Pages

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

High Time at Camp

We are back from the Netherlands. Oh! Didn’t I tell you I was going with a group from Poland? Well we had the wonderful opportunity to participate in Foursquare’s European Young People’s camp – U-Turn. All together there were 160 of us. I can’t speak for everyone, of course, but our group had a fantastic time. There were visions, answers to prayer, freedom to worship, and real change through the power of the Holy Spirit that left our group excited about God and desiring more of Him. And why wouldn’t we? He is so great!

For me it was an important time. I needed to be refreshed in God through his Word, worship and relationships. I also went with a group last year but this year just seemed to “click” for me. Primarily, I think, because I was able to spend more quality time with our group. Plus, I think this group is very special this year. Connections are so important and I’m very thankful for the opportunity through this camp to make and deepen connections with these people. I’m not the most outgoing person so to have this kind of opportunity is critical in putting the relationships on a firmer foundation.

Our group consisted of two guys and nine females (including Denise and myself). Each of us is unique and I treasure the individual relationships I have begun or deepened because of this time. These people are very precious and I feel privileged to be, in some way, a part of their lives. It is my prayer that each of us will be able to build on what God has given us from this camp time. To build and continue to invite and embrace God in more and more areas of our lives. Going back to the “routine” can be difficult after such a close time with God and others. Please pray with me that we all hold onto the gifts, further steps in our faith and the renewed hope God has given us. Pictures will follow soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to be our cabin leader. I saw this as a great time for you to bild relationships. I just pray and hope that because of that time and all the relationships that were started you are encouraged and also more courageous. You have to focus on the opportunieties that are hidden behind your shyness!!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading about the high time at the camp for quite a long time now. i'm interested in finding out more things, different things... Will you write soon?