Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Laughter is always necessary!

I want to write more soon so you know a bit more about what's happening. In brief it's been a tough end to the week as God is bringing out somethings he wants to clear away in me. So there have been some tears as I see things in me I don't want. I look forward to God's good work.

At the same time, I have been reading some in the 'Prairie Home Companion's Pretty Good Joke Book', because it's important to laugh. I thought I'd share a few.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig!
(So remember your view of something just depends on your perspective!)

If you are what you eat, I'm dead meat.

How many real men does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. Real men aren't afraid of the dark.

How many women with PMS does it take to change a lightbulb?
Six.
Why?
It just does, OK?

How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Two. One to hold the giraffe and one to put the clocks in the bathtub.

I hope you enjoyed at least one or two. They're kind of silly but all in good fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carol, it was great to have a cup of coffee with you and catch up....
I really appreciate your expressions of what you're experiencing and am interested to see that often you sound like me OR should it be that I sound like you?!! I've been glad to see that God has new things for me daily including new portions of Himself. A favorite passage for me is Phil. 3:10, "I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings,...." It's easy to overlook that last bit; we don't learn that sufferings can be a sharing, fellowshipping experience. More another time. My prayers are with you. Send me your mailing address. Bless! Tina-Joy