Pages

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Niggles!?

I very rarely post at the end of a day but there were some impressions I'd like to get down on 'paper'. I was reading (yes, I'm reading books again!) before turning out the light. Although really I was half reading and half reflecting on the day. It had been a quiet, people oriented day with absolutely no productive effort of any kind! So I guess I did have at least one unproductive day this Labor Day weekend. I had thought about 3 different projects or tasks to do but decided against all of them in the end.
It was a wonderful day and while reading / reflecting one of those elusive feelings played at the recesses of my consciousness or maybe I should say it was a niggling in my spirit. It's like a hunger for something, a curiosity, a realization that something is missing but not in a way that causes regret or disappointment rather hopeful anticipation. That feeling is never overpowering and could be passed over without really realizing it's there. For me it is one of the ways that I would describe how God draws me. There was nothing specific about what might be coming, if something was coming or what I should do! Probably because I would only take it over and try to control everything! I must say it's a sweet feeling, leaves me wanting more and yet satisfied in a way. Plus, I do want to live in a way that allows the Lord to direct me on a daily basis so I appreciate the niggling!