Pages

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I guess we are taking Labor Day Weekend more literally then it is intended. It's supposed to be a break from our work life. Being 'retired' we 'work' on our own schedule! This weekend we are setting our efforts on painting. There have been projects around the house just waiting for our attention. Brian shouldn't be around paint fumes so he's painting the deck railing, trellis and will stain the deck. Lots of fresh air for him. I'm on the inside trying to finish off (hopefully) the parts that have not been touch yet since we moved in. It's quite a process but we are making progress!
As I was painting today, taking the project in sections, it made me think about how the Lord deals with me and my interior house. Thankfully He hasn't stripped it down to bare bones to make it look fresh and presentable. That would be pretty tough and difficult to survive since so much would have to be ripped out. He is merciful and does me in sections! First the prep work so nothing around the area to be worked on doesn't get damaged. Then layer by layer or coat by coat the old fades away and He has rebuilt, brought new color, and has made that dilapidated section of me beyond presentable!