Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

My HHI choice

I've been up in Washington visiting family. In reaction to that trip I've thought even more about Merida. No, not because of family and getting away!! :) It's all in response to the weather! I have to say we've had some decent weather, especially for WA,  but also some rain and clouds.
I'm sure you've all been waiting with baited breath (what an expression!) about which Merida house I'd pick. They all have their positive points. I'd scratch off #3 even though it already has 2 bedrooms because of the odd configuration. I don't like the idea of walking down the narrow outdoor "hallway" to get to the backyard and future pool. Plus, it appears that the 2nd bedroom is truly separate with no bathroom but in the main house.
With the rest of the choices, it gets more tricky. #4 could possibly be on the top of the list but it's the most money and still needs work - finishing off the kitchen and a wall to make the first bedroom.
#1 is the lowest initial output, the most work to be done, but we'd have more house in the end. There certainly would be unknowns and adventures along the way!
#2 I guess comes out on top. More than livable now with room for potential pool and other bedroom. I'll miss the high wood beamed ceilings but it's still a great choice!
Of course if I were to actually walk through them I could feel totally different! Someday perhaps I'll have the full experience! :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Nice choice! It looks like this was a H. Ponce reno. His trademark chandeliers, pasta tiles, and wrought iron furniture are present. Of course, that always helps when it comes time for resale!