Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Up North

Seattle is a delightful destination and a great place to be from! I love the energy of the city but hate the traffic. It has changed in a lot of positive ways in my absence - the traffic being the only downside. On a sunny day few places rival it's beauty with 3 lakes within the city limits, views of Mt. Rainier, the Olympics and Cascade mountains, and it's on Puget Sound. No, it does not rain all the time and it can have a quite pleasant summer, though usually not in June. The best months are August and September. The first half of July is iffy. Even though I love to visit and enjoy Seattle thoroughly, I prefer to live in California or a more consistently warmer place!
It's not a snooty big city. People are still relatively laid back, often bike to work, and there's a coffee place on every block!! Obviously my kind of place in that regard!! Plus, you can go to one of the parks around Lake Washington and see turtles sunning themselves, blue herons (although very shy they give you a glimpse often), beaver dams and other wildlife within the city. Today, crossing over Lake Washington on the floating bridge a bald eagle was atop a street lamp surveying the scene! Amazing and wonderful. Enjoying my trip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed sweetheart! Happy Birthday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Seattle! I think it's the best place I have visited in the States so far.
S.

Carol said...

I guess we all love Seattle in one way or another!! @ Sabina - I hope you will be visiting many more places in the States but Seattle can always be your favorite! :)