Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chocolate Like Never Before!

The first leg or our journey is over. :( I already miss Sabina and our morning coffees together. But I am a little concerned we ran her ragged. Needless to say, she treated us to a wonderful time. On the final day we spent the afternoon in Krakow. It's a great city, full of energy, astounding architecture, fun shopping and lots of memories for me.

Sabina had an absolutely fantastic idea to wrap up our time before we were off to the airport. We went to a “chocolate restaurant” (my terminology). All I can say is OMG! Brian and I split two different treats that were heavenly and beyond true description! Brian got a trio of drinking chocolate – dark, milk and white chocolate. WOW! It was like melted chocolate bars or it actually was, not sure. Nothing like our hot chocolate I can tell you that much. Heaven in a cup! Then I got a sundae – chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and chocolate crunchies. Of course, whip cream atop. There was little conversation only moanings and groanings of an ecstatic nature.

This Polish chocolatier has existed since 1851. Over the years, I would say they have reached perfection! I would have taken a picture, but by the time I thought of it they were all gone!! Yummy! Another incredible memory to add to my Polish experience.
Now it's on to gelato (fabulous ice cream) in Rome and (of course) Italian coffee. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg...OMG...OH, EM, GEE!!! Best chocolate experience, ever! Nuff said. :D

Laura said...

What happens in Switzerland now?? Can the Swiss(chocolate capital of the world!) beat that? You may have to go on a top-that-chocolate-experience search. You poor people...I feel SOOO sorry for you. Not really... :)

Carol said...

Well Laura, some of us have greater burdens to bear than others! :( For the cause we will suffer. For you, I'm sure it's all in due time!!