Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Distractions Anyone?

What are your top picks for fun things to do? I love traveling but that's not something I can decide to do in the afternoon, for example. It does take some planning and money! A walk on the beach is very cheap; but I don't want to be wrapping my coat around me or afraid I'll be blown away, so the weather has to cooperate. Going to a movie is always a good option, if there is something worth seeing, although I realize that is a very subjective point. We went and saw Arthur Christmas yesterday. It was a great choice for a number of reasons - seasonal :), light and funny with a bit of sentiment, and a wonderful distraction.

I have to say that distractions are quite welcome these days. Perhaps I am really asking what do you do to distract yourself, rather than asking about fun activities. This is to admit I'm struggling a bit. I'm beginning to realize the stress of the recent and still ongoing financial dealings. (I think hormones are helping me to realize the stress and I'm not sure that I'd really call it helpful!!)

In the last 5 years or so I've adopted another low-key activity, maybe I should say sedentary pursuit, that I enjoy. It's looking at real estate by surfing online. Weird, you think?! It kind of is! I do have to have some interest in the area for one reason or another to even look. Plus, I reason the intriguing nature of it for me has to do with the fact that I used to practice architecture. At any rate, this is a good distraction for me lately, as well. I've gone far a field lately in my browsing - Panama and Ecuador! It's interesting to me to see the life, culture and architecture of a different country through their real estate. I also have to say it takes me far away from my present situation. Sometimes I just need a break. You too?