Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

An Improving Economy Can be Correlated to...What!?

Normally I don't watch the news. However, my mother is an avid watcher of such. Over the holidays I was up visiting family and staying with my mother. So naturally one evening the news was on, and I was half listening while surfing the internet. The New Year is approaching and the local news was reporting about a poll that had been taken to assess the general outlook of people regarding 2012. I was not listening well enough to catch if it was a national or local poll; I did manage to hear that 62 percent of those asked were hopeful that 2012 would be an improvement over 2011. I wouldn't say the optimism was overwhelming but at least on the positive side. Time will tell, of course.

Although I have to say, the following “news worthy” story really gave scientific clout to the optimism, at least of the male population. What, you ask, announced to America that the men are thinking happy thoughts about the future? Why, of course, it's the increase of sales for men's underpants - boxers or briefs! “They” say that there exists a subconscious correlation between when men buy underwear and their optimism in connection with the economy! Who knew, but there you have it. If you needed hope for the future, here is a substantial foundation to build your dreams upon and feel confident about the upcoming economic stability. Just thought you should know, in case you missed that meaty story on your news program. :-) Interestingly enough, while getting ready for bed tonight my husband talked about needing to buy some underwear, not a topic that comes up often! Plus, he had neither heard the news story nor read my post. Hmmm!

By the way, count me in the 62 percent. I think 2012 has to be better than 2011. If not, I may return to my ostrich ways! Actually, I'm quite excited for the coming year – changes are on the forefront and new adventures. Wishing you all a Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Laughing out loud here! Brendan has not felt any such need. Was there a percentage of men who felt so inclined in that report? Brendan also asks if there is any correlation to optimism in switching from briefs to bikinis?

Carol said...

Scientifically speaking!! - there was no percentage for the guys only a marked increase of sales. After all, money talks!! In regard to Brendan's question - I think that has more to do with security rather than stability. :-)

Laura said...

lol!!!