Pages

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Life Roads also Twist and Turn

I talked recently about the roads of the Amalfi coast and how they cling to the hillsides. They slink their way along the curves of the hill, matching undulation for undulation. The cliff on one side and the houses piled up on one another on the other. Sometimes there are tunnels and - blackness, yet, it doesn't last forever and in time you'll burst out into the sunshine.
Yesterday my business partner and I met with our accountant to discuss the steps of closing down our business. The business has been limping along for quite a while now, mainly due to lack of attention on both our parts. It's not that we didn't care about it, but life was so different when we started it. Almost 4 years ago when it started, neither one of us were married and goals were not the same. Did we fail because we are closing it down? I don't think so. It's a neutral action - neither good or bad. It's just that life has changed. Do I understand what all the twists and turns of the business were and what it was all about? No. It wasn't necessarily cheap but do I regret anything? No. My business partner and I were friends first and we still are friends!! So that's a success! :)
Transitions or changes need to happen sometimes and if I hold on to the past there isn't as much room for the future or even the present! A tunnel certainly is a transition from one part to another. I don't know what's on the other side yet but new views and vistas are coming. I can count on it!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Well said partner :)