Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Closest to My Heart

I leave today for Poland! My girl, Sabina, is getting married!! OK, she's not "my girl" but the heart strings are definitely there. I'm going a week before the wedding so that I can be totally available to her. Granted at this point pretty much everything has already been done, but maybe she'll just need to get away and have a cup of calming tea (as opposed to coffee!) and we can have a chat. I've already seen her in her wedding dress and cried so that event is past. Not so sure it won't happen again, though! Wow, lots of emotions, all good ones for this wonderful happening.

Brian isn't going with me. :( He would love to be there that's for sure. Though this time of year, the fact that it's colder weather in Poland, would make for a miserable feeling Brian. Brian served in the Gulf War and is one of the many soldiers who returned with Gulf War Syndrome - the media's term. So life drastically changed for him and, in his case, cold weather does not help in the least. I will write more in the future about loving someone with a chronic illness but that's for later. You can also check out his blog - Brian's Gate.
I miss Brian already but am so excited for Sabina and Chris. Can't wait to give Sabina a big hug!