Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Carnaval de Merida and Around Town

We are here in Merida for Carnaval or as it is called in New Orleans - Mardi Gras! We didn't come particularly for this celebration but our winter getaway to revive Brian happens to coincide. I can't say that we've gone to all of the parades, since there are six in all! Nor did I take any pictures - just wanted to enjoy the time. However, one of my fellow bloggers did take pictures so I refer you to him. The Children's Parade you can find here. I understand it is often thought of as the best. Kids are always cute and they are certainly done up. One of the other evening parades can be found here. We don't even consider going to any of the daytime parades as it is WAY too hot!! I don't know how the people in the parade do it - survive even.

Brian and I did do some wondering of the town with cameras in hand. We ended up in one of the neighborhood parks called Santiago. Naturally ice cream was in order! Here are some images from the park and along the way.











2 comments:

Laura said...

Great pictures! Yours I mean :)

Anonymous said...

Hot, hot, hot, but the shade was cool, cool, cool and the ice cream was nice, nice, nice. B)