Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

One type of "Reality" TV Experience

I watched one of the recent House Hunters International the other day. Guess what! It was filmed in Merida, Mexico, so I had to watch!! Since I've watched that real estate market for so long, I'm always curious if they'll show one of my favorites. Sure enough, two of my all time favorites were given the chance to shine.

The first one shown was in the more modern area of town, in the outskirts. That area I never did a lot of perusing because I love the colonials; plus, it was on a golf course - no interest. The second one was none other than "The Hidden Street." Always fun to see, and I liked hearing the couple's reaction to this rather eccentric place. Our reactions were similar - it's fun but too spread out. I always told Brian we would have to get walkie talkies to ask each other a question if not in the same room, or to find each other with ease. This couple sells sofas so I thought it was rather funny to take them to this place which has a sunken, cemented in living room furniture! They talked about jackhammering out the seating! It was only selling for 565K so why not jackhammer! Although actually I'd seen the place selling online for a mere 495K earlier in the year.

Lastly, they showed the couple Casa Chablis. Yes, if I had the money this place would be our number one choice. Amazing! As anyone would (if they had that kind of money) they picked this stunning place. But speaking of money, "that kind of money" definitely went up for the show. Too bad this couple hadn't done some earlier homework. Just like the Hidden Street which had gone up in price so had Casa Chablis. On HHI they were selling it for 450K, a bargain for those who had a budget of 500K. However, I had never seen it online for that price. I can't remember the highest I had seen it for but I saw it go as low as 365K. It appears this couple "negotiated" the price down to 439K. Truly a bargain for them but if only they had a little more information behind them. In the end, they are happy and certainly do have a wonderful home. I'm just not in their league so all that money as a gift seems a bit excessive!!