Pages

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

"Can you hear me now?"

Technology, by and large, is a wonderful thing...when it works! I love the fact that a video call is possible with Brian, from Poland to California! After all, I skpye once a week with Sabina, when I'm not in Poland. So I had some time this evening to give Brian a call. Talk about a frustrating time, as I did all too little talking with Brian! Most of the time he just thought there must be some sort of alien in my room. According to Brian, the charming picture he had of me didn't even have a nose on my face, and the unworldly sounds from my end ranged from those of a possible dog, alien (?) and a skipping record playing on too slow of a setting and definitely not as melodic! After over an hour of cutting in and out, "Are you there?" "You are frozen again." "Can you hear me now?" "NO, I'm losing you again!" Waiting to come back online, then redialing. I couldn't handle it anymore. Needless to say, my wireless internet connection was not the best! We sent our final messages via text. At least that's something.