Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Bumps Can Hurt

Today it is important to write about that for which I'm thankful. I suppose it's appropriate also because it's Thanksgiving week, if not the day! But why I need to write has nothing to do with the holiday, rather it's a choice to be grateful through setbacks in life. I've cried today. I've been angry. I've wanted to rage that - it's NOT fair. The past is haunting me so to speak but that's just it - it's the past. I can't do anything about it, make different decisions or put safeguards in place. I didn't do anything wrong although perhaps a few decisions I should have researched more. Some of the repercussions now are due to decisions made by others, totally out of my control. The affects are financial.

I could be an ostrich about the whole thing. I'm not above that! Although I have to say that in the long run, I've found it not all that helpful. What I need to remember is - it's only money. Really! Do I feel that perhaps my security for the future is a little shaken? If I'm honest, yes. But practically speaking it's impossible for me to secure my future. I have no idea what's coming, good or bad. My provision and stability really come from God.

So I choose to be thankful. I'm so thankful I have Brian to help me find my way through this; my home and food on the table are not threatened. I'm also thankful for sunshine; laughter; a lazy day; great food, conversation and friends. There is also that amazing, wonderful, comfort drink - coffee, which can be deliciously shared with a friend or sipped slowly in the quiet of the morning. Of course I'm so grateful that Brian asked me to marry him because he's a keeper! Life is good. As I've said before the adventure of life can have twists and turns, bumps and tunnels. I guess I'm just a little surprised they'd happen so soon. Silly me! :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

My dear friend...you know my heart towards you and all of this, and that my tears are flowing too. Mostly, I'm thankful for you and that great coffee comfort yesterday! I love you.

Anonymous said...

I love you friend! I am so thankful for you and the blessing and hlep you have been to me all these years. I wish I was there to have coffee with you...