Pages

Monday, May 03, 2010

In the Present

Unfortunately I can be dragged, enticed or manipulated away from the present, living in the moment. As "They" say - there's no time like the present. Of course that statement is about taking action now rather than later. A fine idea for many things but my thought for this post revolves around a different aspect.
Currently I find myself in a very contented state. Honestly, I feel very blessed and am thankful for a long list of things on a daily basis. At the moment, I feel at rest inside and out. I enjoy the flexibility of my days and I revel in the life-long partner God has given me in Brian. And yet... just yesterday as I was thinking about my many blessings the thought crept in - sometime this is bound to end. Something will happen that will bring challenges, struggles and who knows what else.
It's true, life happens. Death happens and everything in between. It's all a part of life. There are innumerable challenges that MIGHT happen. However, the truth is that none of that is happening to me right now. So why go there? There is no reason other than the enemy trying to taint what God has for me today. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matt. 6:34) It's very clear that God wants us to live in the present. He will help me through each day as I allow HIm to. ! cannot appropriate the grace ahead of time for future challenges, for tomorrow, especially if I don't even know what's coming!
I want to be thankful today that my 'troubles' are minimal. Rejoice in what God is doing and stay in the present. It can be easy and/or in a sneaky manner that other worries come in. So I'm just saying that I don't want to be robbed of ANY joy and will be diligent in thought to 'protect' my 'present'. After all, God gives good 'gifts'! :-)