Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Standards

Wow! I play a lot of sudoku. I enjoy the challenge and am somewhat addicted to beating my own time, or rather attempting to constantly lower my average. I wouldn't say I was a particularly competitive person, but I am compelled to out do myself. I guess this discourse goes back to what defines me.
It does not pain me to defer to others! :) Yet, I certainly have my opinions and for the most part am more than willing to share them! Unfortunately, I think I too often hold up a standard (my standard) to others, although they may not know it. My memory can favor me over time, to the detriment of others. I forget the havoc I used to wreak in my brokenness. I'm still broken and therefore am unaware of the damage I still can do. I would define myself as a laid back person, but is a gracious response toward others as prevalent as I'd like to think? Hmmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on this one sweetheart. The lord sure has been working on me as far as this goes.

Ash and I were talking about movie critics the other day and how we usually don't agree with them. At the end of the conversation I quipped in with "boy, I'd love to get paid to judge people". "People", meaning the actors, of course. Even though the comment was made in fun, it goes to show how natural judging comes to me.

Lord, help me.