Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Isolationist Tendencies

Yesterday I mentioned briefly that I had had some isolationist tendencies of late. Once that direction is entertained, it seems so easy to just remain blah and non-relational. On Sunday Brian and i went out to a movie and for a drink. Neither one of us were feeling THAT great and I was more than willing to let it go, but he pushed for it. I was so glad. It was good to get out and do something a little out of the ordinary. Despite that outing, I still had to push through on Monday. Instead of us doing our own things, we spent the better part of the day together talking. No, not because there were issues to be worked out, but just engaging, being known. I chose to interact rather than be in my head. I think it made a big difference.
God uses people. He is definitely relational. In my heart of hearts, I don't really want to be separated from the flock and picked off by the wolf. I want to stay close so I need to pay attention to where the gang is - the Shepherd and the sheep.
After thought: I should really say that I need to ask for attention - let people know where I am at.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I really enjoyed our time the last few days. It seems that I haven't been feeling as well lately and we've had a lot of people in our lives. I'm tired. It was good to put the world on hold and just spend time with the one I've chosen to do life with. I still enjoy getting to know you.

Love ya!!