Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

What have you been reading?

How did I get out of the habit of reading? I know being sick for so long just made me feel blah and without any routine, but I think it happened even before that. Perhaps dating and planning a wedding also had some influence on that. Reading used to be such a large part of my life, as my bookcases testify. I remember the feeling of having just lost some dear friends after finishing a well written book. It's a good feeling to have enjoyed a book so much. I am in the middle of a couple of books but they're just not getting finished, one technical and one a murder mystery. I have just read 2 books with a spiritual dimension and application. I appreciated having something to incorporate into my morning routine with breakfast. Let alone the fact that they were valuable and made me think about different aspects of my life.
Brian also loves books so it isn't that I have nothing around to choose from. I just need to pick one! I think this is one more way that God is moving me into being a bit more purposeful again. I love the sudoku and all :) but it's value and enhancement properties are limited! Any suggestions for a great read?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Smoke Jumper" by Nicolas Evans. I cried three times...

Anonymous said...

What a switch? I've been reading a ton: Just finished "The Next 100 Years" "Living beyond the frame" I'm working on The Pillars of the Earth, The Calvary Road, & Breaking Intimidation. But I'm sure Married life has had other benefits.

Carol said...

Hi Second Anonymous! Not sure who you are - shocker! Anyway, I don't know if you get notified of another comment (like this one) but if you do tell me which book is a particular recommendation. Any fiction? All fiction? Thanks!!